Sunday, September 20, 2009

Amazon Kindle

Amazon Kindles are Smoking Hot!
Many of you want to know what real people like you and I really think.
Here are real Amazon Kindle reviews from real people.
Check out the reviews below....

3,147 of 3,253 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 2 : First Impressions from a Kindle 1 owner
On the one hand I love my Kindle 1... I use it everyday, I subscribe to my favorite newspaper, I mark up my books with annotations, highlights and bookmarks.

On the other hand my Kindle 1 annoys me... unintended page changes, the awkward way I sometimes have to hold it to keep from hitting buttons, the sometimes slow page refresh, and the screen freezes that...
Read the full review ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul of the e-reader; Kindle 2 gets closer to delivering the promise., February 23, 2009
I'm a great believer in the e-book concept; having been reading e-books since the Apple Newton (and down through various Palms, Sony Reader PRS505, and Kindle 1). The dream has always been a portable electronic device that could hold a ton of reading material, automate subscriptions and facilitate quick easy downloads, and be as portable, as easy on the eyes, and as intuitive as a book. The Kindle 1 was the first really practical device to get close to that dream. The combination of the reflective e-ink screen, effortless Whispernet wireless cellular connection to Amazon (and the Internet - without requiring hooking up to a computer, ever), and Amazon's tremendous ability to rope in a critical mass of book and periodical content made the promise of the e-reader real for the first time. But the Kindle 1 had some rough edges that got in the way of effortlessly reading. Things like the buttons that made it easy to accidentally turn pages; the separate cursor on the side that could only select lines and was sometimes hard to see; the occasionally awkward menus; the case which practically forced you to remove it to use it and sometimes pulled the battery door off. With the Kindle 2, Amazon has addressed all these issues and more. Each of the differences looks superficially subtle, but they collectively combine to make the Kindle 2 feel polished and comparatively effortless to use. It comes closer than any other device yet made to getting out the way and leaving the reader alone with the text, like a book.

Learn more about Amazon Kindle, click here or on the picture below..

80 of 90 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars The First Thing I Did..., February 24, 2009
By
Michelle R. AKA "Nicolette Rivers" (Minnesota) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
after powering it up was try and read the User's Guide, but who am I kidding? I wanted to get in there and learn as I frolicked!

I had a lot of pre-purchased downloads and they populated my Kindle, her name is Trixie, effortlessly and seamlessly. I couldn't even keep track as new items became available all the time. Of course, this will vary based on your location.

So, in minutes I had a months if not a year of reading. I had old favorites, and some classics that we're told we should read, samples that had caught my eye, and lots of new choices -- and I held them all in my hand. A banquet of choices, with a veritable never ending feast when I need more.

I chose to read the New York Times first, and loved the experience. The pictures were crisp and clear, and it was a quick learning curve to navigate between pages, articles, and sections. I found myself reading the articles while talking heads on TV were referencing them, and it was delivered to me effortlessly.

It's very intuitive -- anybody who spends time with gadgets and tech stuff will get this with only a couple missteps, and a muttered, "Doh." I believe that even the less tech savvy will catch on pretty quickly, and I can imagine this as a boon for older people with strong ties to reading, and I would suggest the younger generation gives them access to see if it's a device that will help them.

I know I need to go to the optometrist, but the Kindle will aide and abet me in avoiding that for a while -- the page is easy to read, the font size is easy to change, and my eyes sail across the words, my finger hits next page without me giving it thought.

The previous page is a little difficult to access considering the way I hold it, and I do tend to move ahead, think "wait, what?" and need to go back a page, but that's probably more about my personal style than a true flaw.


Learn more about Amazon Kindle, click here or on the picture below..


No comments:

Post a Comment